A thesis statement is the backbone of a strong essay. How do you get from a topic to a thesis? How do you craft a thesis that is interesting and engaging, not too broad and not too narrow in focus? In this workshop we will discuss strategies for developing solid thesis statements. Please bring an essay prompt and/or draft.
Presented by: Jesse LaTour
This workshop will take place: in 808A
To register for a Writing Center Workshop:
1. Sign in using the link below to access ASC Online with your MyGateway login. Fill out the registration form if it’s your first time. Note: Only currently enrolled students may log in and attend a workshop.
2. From the drop-down menu at the top, select “Student Success Workshops”.
3. You will see the name of the workshop on the left side and a white box for the time of the workshop on the schedule.
4. Click on the white box and fill out the form to register for the workshop.
When it’s time to attend the workshop:
1. Head over to Writing Center Workshop room 808A, located in the back of the Library building
2. Check in with front desk staff
Late attendees may not be admitted into the workshop so please plan to arrive early.